Other key advantages over competitors
Key advantages over competitors
RTD1395 media processor
- Dune HD RealBox 4K is the world's first retail media player on the new RTD1395 media processor – a next-generation media processor from Realtek.
- The media player supports not only HDR technology (supported by the previous generation of media players), but also the most latest and advanced HDR10+ technology from Samsung. In conventional HDR technology, the brightness range is set at the beginning of the film and does not change during the film, so completely dark and completely bright scenes may have insufficient detail. In the latest HDR10 + technology, the brightness range can vary from frame to frame, so the maximum picture detail is provided even in scenes that contain only dark or only light elements.
VP9 profile 2 and YouTube 4K HDR support
- The media player supports not only the old VP9 video codec (which does not support HDR), but also the newest VP9 profile 2, which supports HDR and which is used in YouTube for 4K HDR content. Most other media players do not support it.
Best-in-class full Blu-ray menu support
- Realtek-based Dune HD media players have the best-in-class support for playback of Blu-ray disc images in full Blu-ray menu mode, including full support for BD-J, BD4K, BD3D, HD audio, obfuscated playlists and seamless branching. Blu-ray images can be played in any format (BD ISO file and BDMV folder) and from any source - local drive (USB, SATA) or network drive (SMB, NFS).
100% smooth Blu-ray playback (full support for seamless branching)
- Dune HD media players are the only Realtek-based players with a fully-functional robust Blu-ray playback engine, which implements 100% complete support for “seamless branching”. This ensures smooth playback of the entire movie w/o any audio/video interruptions, contrary to all competitors.
Flicker-free framerate/resolution switching
- Dune HD media players implement its own advanced flicker-free approach for automatic framerate and resolution switching, which performs video mode switching before the start of file playback (rather than after). Most other Realtek-based media players perform video mode switching after the start of file playback, which causes unpleasant flickering.
Professional-grade controls for video output parameters
- Advanced setup controls allow professional users and installers to fine tune the video output parameters in the best way for a particular setup. In particular, it is possible to configure what chroma subsampling modes should be used for each individual HDMI video mode. The majority of competing media player models do not have such controls.
Widevine L1 and premium video services
- Support for Widevine Level 1 DRM (the most advanced DRM level) makes it possible to watch premium online video services with HD and Ultra HD video quality. Media players w/o Widevine Level 1 support can only output Standard Definition video in such services.
Note: Netflix is not currently supported
Hinweis: Netflix wird derzeit nicht unterstützt
Linux-based Dune HD OS
- The media player runs a unique hybrid OS which consists of a Linux-based Dune HD OS (to ensure stable operation and smooth media playback) and Android OS (to support Android applications), which run simultaneously.
Dune HD Android Playback Accelerator technology
- This unique technology intellectually manages the resources of Android OS to minimize the influence of Android OS on the media playback engine and ensure smooth and high-quality video and audio playback.
Dune HD ecosystem
- Based on open Dune HD SDK and APIs, various TV-optimized applications, plugins, extensions, GUI skins, collection management solutions, integrations with home automation systems are available via official Dune Store, 3-party vendors, and from the huge user's community.
Dune HD UI
- The famous Dune HD UI, developed and polished during more than 12 years, specially optimized for the use on TV screens and operation via a standard remote control, tuned for the best possible usability, makes it easy and convenient to use the media player.
Dune HD movies organizer and movies encyclopedia
- “My Collection” function organizes a user's movies collection into a nice looking catalog. A comprehensive movies encyclopedia provides the information about hundreds of thousands of movies with detailed descriptions, posters, cross-links between movies and persons, trailers, direct links to online video services, etc. Advanced file browser automatically recognizes movies.
Dune HD mobile app
- The unique Dune HD mobile app (Dune Control) for iOS and Android mobiles devices provides full access to all functions of Dune HD media player in a very convenient and powerful way. It fully replaces the standard IR remote control, allows browsing and choosing the media content directly on your mobile device (the menu shown on the mobile device mirrors the menu shown on the TV screen), and includes Now Playing section for convenient media playback control.
- The media player provides the powerful IP Control interface and has a lot of options for integration into Smart Home and Home Automation systems, such as Control4 and Crestron.
Proven history of software updates during a very long period
- Dune HD is known for its reputation to listen to user's feedback and provide software updates for many years. For example, for some old models, software updates with additional functions are provided for more than 10 years already. This is possible due to the unique "single code base" approach, which means that firmware for all Dune HD models is based on the same software (continuously developed and improved according to user's feedback).
World’s most compact Realtek-based media player
- Dune HD RealBox 4K is the world’s most compact media player based on a modern Realtek media processor. It has a very compact metal casing (just 109x109x21mm).
- The media player can be wall mounted if needed. The casing has wall mounting holes in the bottom.
Other key features
HD audio support
- The media player can output HD audio to the A/V receiver.
Full 3D support
- Support for Side-by-side, Top-to-bottom and MVC (BD3D) formats ensures perfect playback of Full HD video in 3D.
Optical disc drive support (USB)
- You can connect an external USB optical disc drive to play media files and BD/DVD images from optical discs (not encrypted only).
Dual-band 802.11ac 2T2R Wi-Fi and 1Gbit Ethernet
- The media player is equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi supporting 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz), with 2T2R support (double performance) and two external Wi-Fi antennas, which allows you to play a high-bitrate content through the air. The 1Gbit Ethernet port allows you to get maximum performance with a wired connection.
- The built-in Bluetooth interface allows you to easily connect various remote controls, wireless keyboards, mice, joysticks, audio speakers, headphones, headsets and other devices.
Learning IR remote
- DUNE HD IR Remote with learning function is included.
Media processor: Realtek RTD1395 SoC
RAM: 2 GB
Flash memory: 16 GB
Front panel display: multi-segment display
Wall mounting: wall mounting holes in the bottom
Power supply: external, DC 5V (2A), AC 100-240V
Dimensions (W x H x D): 109mm x 21mm x 109mm
OS: Linux-based Dune HD OS + Android 7.1
Connectors: 2x USB 2.0, micro SD card slot, HDMI 2.0a, composite video and analog stereo audio (via 3.5mm A/V connector), optical S/PDIF, Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbit/s, 5V DC IN, 2x external Wi-Fi antenna connectors
Media sources: external HDDs (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), external optical disc drives (USB), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP/DLNA, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources
2x USB 2.0 host: conveniently connect USB HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers, USB DVD/BD drives, USB hubs and other USB devices
Micro SD card slot: conveniently use SD memory cards
Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 (read-write), NTFS (read-write), exFAT (read-write), HFS/HFS+ (Mac OS Standard/Extended) (read-only), BTRFS (read-write)
Optical disc drive support: connect an external optical disc drive to play media files and BD/DVD images from optical discs (not encrypted only)
HDMI 2.0a output: output any video signal up to the most modern 4Kp60 HDR
A/V output (composite video + analog stereo audio): connect to any A/V equipment
Optical S/PDIF: output digital audio to A/V receiver or external DAC via S/PDIF
Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbit/s: ensure the best performance when connecting to your local network via cable
Wi-Fi dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac 2T2R: ensure the best performance when connecting to your local network via air
Bluetooth 4.x: connect Bluetooth remote controls, wireless keyboards, mice, joysticks, audio speakers, headphones, headsets and other devices.
Power input: 5V DC
4K HDR10+ video playback: decode 4K video content in various popular formats including H.265 10-bit and VP9 profile 2 up to 4Kp60 HDR and HDR10+
4K HDR10+ video output: output 4K content up to 4Kp60 HDR10+ with pixel-to-pixel precision to 4K TV
HEVC: play video encoded using the latest H.265 codec. 2x picture quality increase over H.264
VP9 profile 2: play YouTube 4K HDR content
HDR: play video in the newest HDR (High Dynamic Range) format. Superb picture contrast and details
HDR10+: the most latest and advanced HDR technology from Samsung. More details in bright and dark scenes
10-bit color encoding: play video encoded using the latest standards, with support for 1 billion of colors
Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual; 23.976 Hz support
Auto framerate: output video with original framerate to ensure absolute smooth playback for all kinds of content
Auto resolution: output video with original resolution for best picture via Hi-End external video processing
True 24p output: ensure perfectly smooth playback of Hollywood movies due to full support for 23.976 framerate
Flicker-free auto framerate/resolution switching: HDMI video mode switching exactly before playback start, not after
Professional-grade controls for video output parameters: detailed configuration of HDMI chroma subsampling modes
Blu-ray menu: enjoy full Blu-ray menu navigation or use simple BD Lite menu at your discretion
Best-in-class full Blu-ray menu support: support for BD-J, BD4K, BD3D, obfuscated playlists and seamless branching
Advanced media player: play video in MKV and other modern video file formats, including top quality 4K and HD with very high bit rates (100 Mbit/s+)
Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, BD ISO, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264, H.265, H.265 10-bit, VP9, VP9 profile 2; support for very high bitrate video up to 100 Mbit/s and higher
Video upscaling: high-quality upscaling of DVD and any other SD video content to 4K, Full HD 1080p and other HD resolutions
3D video: play all popular 3D video formats, including MVC (BD3D ISO), Side-by-Side, Top-and-Bottom
HD audio: output HD audio to your A/V receiver
Hi-End music: play music files in various Hi-End audio formats: 192/24, FLAC, Monkey's Audio APE, WAV/PCM, Super Audio CD (stereo), etc
Super Audio CD: play top quality SACD music files in various formats (stereo)
Audio codecs: MPEG-1/2 layer I/II/III, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey's Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD DSD (stereo), AC3, DTS
Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, AAC, WAV, WMA, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis, WavPack, APE (Monkey's Audio), ALAC (Apple lossless), SACD ISO (stereo), SACD DSF (stereo), SACD DFF (stereo), AC3, DTS, DTS-WAV
Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (Blu-ray, TS, MKV)
Online subtitles: Automatically download subtitles from Internet
Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS, CUE
HLS: ensure the best quality of Internet video using Apple HLS adaptive bitrate streaming protocol
DASH: get access to the newest Internet video services using MPEG-DASH adaptive bitrate streaming protocol
Widevine Level 1 DRM: enjoy premium online video services with High Definition video quality
Smart Home and Home Automation
IP control: integrate the media player with various Home Automation systems via network
Control4: integrate seamlessly into Smart Home installations based on Control4 technology via ready-to-use Control4 driver
Crestron: integrate seamlessly into Smart Home installations based on Crestron technology via ready-to-use Crestron driver
iOS and Android mobile apps: control the media player via the powerful Dune Control mobile application
Dune HD RealBox 4K x1
Dune HD IR Remote x1
Batteries AAA x2
Power supply 5V 2A EU plug x1
A/V cable 3.5mm-3RCA x1
HDMI cable x1
Quick installation guide x1
Some of the listed features may not be available in the factory firmware and may require to install a firmware update. The features marked with (*) are in development and are expected to become available in future.
The support for particular media formats and codecs and playback functions may depend on the used application; some formats and codecs and playback functions -- in particular those marked with (**) -- may be supported only in specific applications and may require to install a specific application.
Compatibility of the player with particular media content (files, streams, etc) may depend on specifics of media content encoding, specifics of the configuration of the player and player-connected equipment, and other factors; compatibility of the player with arbitrary media content is not guaranteed.
Compatibility of the player with particular applications (Dune HD plugins or Android applications) may depend on specifics of the application, particular usage scenario, and other factors; compatibility of the player with arbitrary applications is not guaranteed.
Compatibility of the player with particular equipment (A/V equipment, network equipment, storage devices, etc) may depend on particular equipment model, specifics of equipment installation, specifics of the configuration of the player and equipment, and other factors; compatibility of the player with arbitrary equipment is not guaranteed.
Product images may be imprecise and may have some differences in comparison with the real look of the product.
Accuracy of the information is not guaranteed; the information is subject to change w/o notice.